Monday, July 13, 2009

First blog entry!

Hi to everyone. This blog is to show off my artwork. My name is Tom Threlkeld, and most of my art is acrylic paint or colored pencil. Previously colored pencils were my medium of choice, but there are a few limitations associated with colored pencils that drove me to acrylics. Since learning how to properly blend in acrylics, I can't see myself going back.

My projects are usually abstract, though I have dabbled in realism from time to time. I enjoy the interplay of colors and swirling shapes.

My current projects include:
A remake of a colored pencil drawing called The Storm in acrylic paint.
An acrylic painting with lime and black, possibly named Twist of Lime.
An acrylic painting with browns and turquoise, possibly named Intense Aztec.

-tjt

1 comment: